What We Cover..
- Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital Expenses; Medical Assistance/Evacuation
- Hospital Cash Allowance
- Cancellation Fees and Lost Deposits
- Luggage and Personal Effects
- Luggage and Personal Effects Delay Expenses
- Alternate Transport Expenses
- Personal Liability
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) - also called Rental Vehicle Excess
- Travel Delay Expenses
- Loss Of Travel Documents, Credit Cards and Travellers Cheques
- Theft of Cash
- Accidental Death
- Permanent Disability
- Loss of Income
- Travel Service Provider Insolvency
- Wholesaler Insolvency
Limits apply to each of these benefits according to the level of cover required and will be shown on your quote. You can also check the limits in the Product Disclosure Statements.
Check the insurers exclusion list on certain travel/airline/tour operators who may be in Chapter 11 or similar, such as American Airlines, Alitalia (to name just two).
Medical - Australian Travel Insurance covers pretty much everything (to the limits specified by the individual insurer) except Pre-exisitng Medical Conditions that are NOT listed as automatically covered by the respective insurers.You need to read the insurers Product Disclosure Statement to make sure your condition is listed as covered.
Please note also that regular 'maintenance' visits such as annual medical check-ups or similar are not covered.
- Travellers should read the policy thoroughly before they purchase travel insurance to ensure it meets all their needs and provides the appropriate level of cover.